River Dental is now open and looking forward to serve you and your family. We have been amazed at the welcome we have received from the Old Ottawa East/Main Street community and residents of the Greystone Village and Corners on Main developments.
Eco Friendly Dentistry
In establishing River Dental, we wanted to do whatever possible to minimize the impact of our practice on the environment. Having worked in more traditional practices we realized there are many areas where by making small changes we could have a big impact.
We decided to find ways to reduce waste and pollution, to save water and energy, and to make every effort to reduce the footprint of our activities. Here are a few examples:
- All lighting at River Dental is LED with integration of occupancy sensors to control lighting for energy savings.
- All of the lighting is sourced from manufacturers with eco-friendly, sustainable practices. This includes locally manufacturers (within 500 km), high recycled content or green manufacturing processes including waste management, water conservation, energy conservation.
- River Dental has integrated a water hydration station to enable visitors to fill up their reusable water bottles.
- We have sought out lighting fixtures and bulbs with long duration product lifetimes.
- We are aiming to be paperless office wherever possible, with secure digital charting and patient records.
- We use digital X-rays, which eliminates the need for dangerous chemicals to develop films.
- We use modern CAD/CAM milling technology for milling crowns, inlays and onlays, reducing lab materials, shipping costs and the associated carbon footprint. Patients benefit from same day crowns resulting in fewer car or bus trips to the clinic.
Sustainable/Eco Friendly Building Materials
- River Dental’s feature wall is made from Ash Wood reclaimed from local Ottawa Valley barns.
- All construction materials and finishes are sourced from local Canadian manufacturers, and we have sought out suppliers with sustainability certifications such as Cradle to Cradle, GreenGuard, Indoor Air Quality, Forest Stewardship Council
- Our Flooring is made from Bio-based Polyurethane Planks that are Cradle to Cradle Certified (Highly sustainable certification)
- We have partnered with Ola Bamboo, a Canadian company (as seen on Dragons Den) to supply our patients with bamboo toothbrushes.
- We continue to seek out manufacturers that strive to make their own facilities and processes greener to ensure the sustainability of our environments.